This week I would like to celebrate my brother’s accomplishments. Jeren or Glenn as everyone else calls him is a role model for all people of all ages.
- He is 18 years old.
- He owns his own airplane and has his pilots license.
- He can ride a unicycle (even the six-foot tall kind on a tightrope)
- He taught himself to play guitar
- He is an amazing photographer
- He can write very beautiful prose- if he is inspired
- He has never succumbed to any form of peer pressure -from alcohol to playing basketball- if he doesn’t want to do it, he doesn’t.
- He is very goal oriented and follows through.
He has achieved so much at such a young age and he inspires me to do the same. I can’t say that I didn’t struggle with peer pressure; I struggled with it when I was his age and I still struggle with it today. I am about to finish my undergrad and I still don’t know what my calling in life is… Jeren knows who he is and what he is passionate about and he’s going after his dreams. I don’t know if I have ever really witnessed this in anyone else. It is so easy to do what we believe is expected of us, to let others choose our paths, but Jeren isn’t like this.
I truly think that he will do wonderful things throughout his life and I feel so blessed that I get to witness it all firsthand.
Who inspires you?